We offer one-on-one mentorship and hands-on support from seed to harvest
Work with us to build the skills you need to grow an abundance throughout the year.
Our Garden Mentorship Program is an excellent choice for individuals and families that want to learn how to grow their own productive organic vegetable garden! Work one-on-one with us in your own garden as we plant, tend, and then harvest the bounty that we have grown together! We bring all of the seeds, vegetable starts, tools, organic fertilizers, etc. All you have to do is show up and dive in!
Portland Edible Gardens staff has extensive experience in the instruction of organic growing techniques. We are qualified and eager to offer the support you need in order to become a confident grower capable of achieving your gardening goals independently for years to come!
What you will learn in a season of one-on-one mentorship:
• Planting methods for both seeds and nursery starts
• Specific plant needs of different fruits and vegetables
• Ideal planting times and spacing for individual plants
• Best irrigation practices for optimum plant health
• Proper harvest method and appropriate timing
• Pest and disease identification
• Organic controls for pests and diseases
• Soil fertility management, now and over time
• How to care for plants that require special attention
...And so much more!!